Sunday, May 15, 2016

The post where I might actually try to get back to blogging

In my much younger days (back in college), I was pretty consistent with my blogging. I used my Livejournal much like a digital diary. I was good at keeping a diary; it was an activity I picked up in junior high and carried on through high school.
But about the same time that my life picked up, got my "adult" and busy, there was a general shift in the culture of blogging. The influence of "tutorials" and photo essays started to change the blogs I came across. There was less of a general glimpse into people's lives. Also, there was the great Facebook migration from Myspace and social media became more like the blogs of old. I felt inadequate in my abilities to keep up with blogs. In fact, I revamped my old Blogger blog (that I began when my oldest was a baby) when we moved back home to the Sacramento area, keeping the old title which is totally and completely irrelevant to our lives as we've lived in 3 different houses since College Street, and managed to get one whole entry in before I completely forgot about it.
But a lot of really cool things have happened in my life since then, especially involving the Society for Creative Anachronisms and my costuming endeavors. And part of the things I'm trying to do more of is research and teach others about the things I'm learning. Sometimes it's best to put that kind of stuff on the Internet. And a lot of my friends and costuming idols keep stuff on blogs about their research and I want a convenient place to keep up with all that they're posting. So I'm back to my blog. Again. Hopefully.
Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment