Sunday, May 29, 2016

Me and the Modern Maker

Another project that I'm starting, sort of today, sort of 3 months ago when I originally began the pattern draft is . . . a doublet for Hubster. Jorgen normally wears a lot of Rus/Norse tunic-y stuff. He likes it because it's comfortable and easily made from linen to combat the heat of California summers. Well, for Christmas I got The Modern Maker by fellow bee Matthew Gnagy. I started drafting Jorgen's custom pattern back in February and then put it aside because I had to get the war pouch embroidered and finished (plus we did this whole trying failing to buy a house thing from March-last Monday). Well, as I listed out my projects of wants and needs to do, I decided I need to get around to trying to make a doublet for him. (He owns a shirt which was one of my first "getting back in the swing of costuming after 15 years" projects, a pair of wool Venetian pants that I bought him for Christmas which he hasn't worn, and another shirt in the works). I will probably make him this doublet and he'll probably never wear it. But I'm following my laurel's orders for projects to work on this year.

Today I needed to finish the sleeve pattern and the front & side-front collar pieces. Everything else was already done. I'd like to get the mock-up cut out and serged up tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment