Wednesday, May 25, 2016

No projects to keep my mind off of things

Things in the actual real-world part of my life got pretty bad on Monday. I'm still reeling from the news and I will post about it soon. Until then, I'm stuck going to my job that I'm soon to be unemployed from and feeling miserable about our home purchase falling apart. And I would normally turn to some kind of project for SCA to keep my mind off of things, but that's not happening right now because I don't have any small projects, just big things to think of. So instead, I'll make a list.

  • needle books
  • the squid collar and cuffs for Jorgen's shirt
  • the rest of Jorgen's 16th c. shirt (not hand sewing this one like I did for Vittorio)
  • learn to make hose
  • at least a couple more changes of under things
  • under partlet (5/28/16) Post Here
  • over partlet that actually is long enough
  • RUFFS! (full set, nothing too big)
  • new $10 latchet shoes  (6/5/16) Tutorial here!
  • embroider the sparkles on the snowflake corset
  • mock-up of my new self-supporting cotehardie (patterned last week by Mistress Sylvie)
  • mock-up English fitted gown (I just bought a great remnant of camel colored wool for this and I NEED to be conservative on the fabric use)
  • do a body toile for Jorgen  (5/26/16)
  • do a body toile for Vittorio
  • plan the Burgundians! (for me, Jorgen, and Vittorio)
  • Purgatorio Napkins - just waiting to find out who wins June Crown It will be Alfar & Eilis Post Here
  • plan to teach a class  Post Here (this is a serious issue for me right now, what do I teach? to whom? why does this part of my apprentice path seem so daunting?! I'm a teacher by profession FFS!!!)
  • think of little gifties to make for people (more hankies? ooh embroidered game boards!!!)
  • 16th c. doublet for Jorgen (5/29/16 - finished patterning, mock up completed, 6/14/16- fabic purchased)
  • sleeves - I forgot that I need to make sleeves and to put eyelets into my kirtles for said sleeves
  • do a body toile for Safiya  (7/14/16)
  • help Safiya pattern a kirtle
* stuff promised to folks that I actually should do 'cuz - promises

No comments:

Post a Comment